JOIN OUR TEAM
Kitchen & Back of House Positions Available!
We are looking for experienced line cooks to join our fast paced, detail oriented Kitchen Team. If you thrive to be the best and want to work alongside a creative kitchen team that is making some of the best, most exciting food in NWI, we want to hear from you. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, punctual, and engaged.Responsibilities include, Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies, chopping vegetables, prepare sauces and other food preparation, clean up station and take care of leftover food and stocking inventory.
Bartender & Server Positions Available!
Iron Fish Distillery, Michigan’s first farm distillery, is growing and we are on the lookout for the right people to join our team as Bartender & Servers. Iron Fish Distillery creates distinctively distilled, hand produced and bottled whiskeys, vodkas, gins, rums and specialty liquors. Every step of the process, from soil-to-spirit occurs on our 119 acre, environmentally certified, end-destination farm.
An Iron Fish Bartender must be able to convey ideas and processes important to our story. As a young business, an Iron Fish Bartender must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends (including holiday weekends), lead informed tastings to customers, maintain bar inventory, maintain a perfect cash drawer, and must be meticulous about bar cleanliness. The most important trait for an Iron Fish Bartender & Server is to be able to communicate with customers, at various levels of understanding, the entirety of the farm-to-glass process.
IFD Bartender & Server Requirements
- Prior service industry experience, or prior bartending experience
- Interest and/or knowledge of mixology and cocktail development
- Comfortable in social situations, at ease with engaging the public and an outgoing personality
- Passion for and interest in learning more about the local farm to table movement and craft spirits essential.
- Be able to work effectively and efficiently with a variety of different people and in various different work environments/situations
- Familiarity with POS (eg. Square), scheduling and office management systems essential
- Ability to lift, carry, pull or push up to 50lbs
Destination Marketing and Event Sales Coordinator
Iron Fish Distillery, Michigan’s first farm distillery, is growing and we are on the lookout for the right people to join our Marketing team. This position is responsible for promoting events that utilize our facilities; coordinating events to ensure great guest experiences and supporting marketing of the Iron Fish brand through events, social media and other tactics. Successful execution of this role is key to building brand affection and affinity, guest loyalty, sales, and profitability.
- Development of a sales plan to generate event activities.
- Taking the lead role in soliciting events that can be hosted at our site (tied to incentive compensation)
- Creation of proposals that encompass food, cocktails and other amenities essential to events (working collaboratively with the tasting room team).
- Supervising event space and grounds cleaning and maintenance in preparation for events.
- Providing ideas and written content for marketing literature.
- Working at events on and off-site
- Content distribution. Posting content on multiple social media sites.
- Updating data on mailing databases, websites, calendars and messaging, creative assets, and support materials.
- Creating and overseeing communication of email marketing campaigns to existing and/or potential customers and clients. Mailchimp and Square.
- Work with others across the Iron Fish team to coordinate and prepare communications for the website blog, our weekly internal newsletter and other content outlets.
- Provide analytics reports on consumer engagement via Google Analytics, and assist in developing sales trends analysis.
To express interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your background statement and qualifications, along with a completed application form (follow link). No Phone calls or drop-in visits please. We are an equal opportunity employer. Compensation commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To express your interest in a position, please email us at email@example.com with a brief description of yourself and your qualifications, your availability, which team you are interested in, along with:
- A completed application form. You can find our application form HERE. Simply download it to your computer, fill in the fields, digitally sign it, save it and email it back to us.
- Your resume (optional)
No phone calls or drop-in visits, please