Bartender & Server Positions Available!
Iron Fish Distillery, Michigan’s first farm distillery, is growing and we are on the lookout for the right people to join our team as Bartender & Servers. Iron Fish Distillery creates distinctively distilled, hand produced and bottled whiskeys, vodkas, gins, rums and specialty liquors. Every step of the process, from soil-to-spirit occurs on our 119 acre, environmentally certified, end-destination farm.
An Iron Fish Bartender must be able to convey ideas and processes important to our story. As a young business, an Iron Fish Bartender must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends (including holiday weekends), lead informed tastings to customers, maintain bar inventory, maintain a perfect cash drawer, and must be meticulous about bar cleanliness. The most important trait for an Iron Fish Bartender & Server is to be able to communicate with customers, at various levels of understanding, the entirety of the farm-to-glass process.
IFD Bartender & Server Requirements
- Prior service industry experience, or prior bartending experience
- Interest and/or knowledge of mixology and cocktail development
- Comfortable in social situations, at ease with engaging the public and an outgoing personality
- Passion for and interest in learning more about the local farm to table movement and craft spirits essential.
- Be able to work effectively and efficiently with a variety of different people and in various different work environments/situations
- Familiarity with POS (eg. Square), scheduling and office management systems essential
- Ability to lift, carry, pull or push up to 50lbs
To express interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your background statement and qualifications, along with a completed application form (follow link). No Phone calls or drop-in visits please. We are an equal opportunity employer. Compensation commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To express your interest in a position, please email us at email@example.com with a brief description of yourself and your qualifications, your availability, which team you are interested in, along with:
- A completed application form. You can find our application form here. Simply download it to your computer, fill in the fields, digitally sign it, save it and email it back to us.
- Your resume (optional)
No phone calls or drop-in visits, please.